Dental Cone Beam CT
This type of CT scanner uses a special type of technology to generate three dimensional (3-D) images of dental structures, soft tissues, nerve paths, and bone in the craniofacial region in a single scan. Images obtained with cone beam CT provides us with the best diagnostic tool used in our field today. This type of technology is very different than a traditional CT scan.
- The focused X-ray beam reduces scatter radiation, resulting in better image quality.
- A single scan produces a wide variety of views and angles that can be manipulated to provide a more complete evaluation.
- Cone beam CT scans provide more information than conventional dental X-rays
- CT scanning is painless, noninvasive, and accurate.
- A major advantage of CT is its ability to image bone and soft tissue at the same time.
- Cone beam CT helps guide tooth implant placement and evaluates cysts and tumors in the mouth and face. It also can detect problems in the gums, roots of teeth, and jaws.
If you any questions about this technology, please let us know. We’d be more than happy to answer your questions.